Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jay is Wearing a New Look


What would you look like bald? You'd look like a hero for kids with cancer! Shaving your head is a great way to show your support for kids undergoing chemotherapy treatment while raising funds for life-saving research.

Jay had his head shaved tonight at Calhoun High School. So far they have raised $74,288. If you would like to add your support, email jay at: jay_kreutzberger@hotmail.com

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank each of you for your generous donation to the St. Baldricks event. I not only reached my fundraising goal of $500, I surpassed it by 50%, raising a total of $750. As of this moment, my high school has collected $74,288 for the St. Baldricks Foundation. More than 250 people had their heads shaved and we have more donations soon to be uploaded to the donation site.

No doubt we have made a significant contribution to beat childhood cancer by raising funds for further research. In solidarity with children who have cancer and typically lose their hair during treatment, I had my head shaved last night. If you want to see how I look now, go to the web address below for before and after pics.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2008-29317

More photos will be up on the site soon. Many female students participated as well. We have also collected donations of hair for wigs from 54 people! In total we have 41.375 FEET of hair!

Thanks again for your support.

Jay

No comments: